The nicknames of the players may interfere with you if, for example, you decide to record a cool video, shoot a clip or master posing. In order to disable the display of nicknames, you need to use a special technique that involves adding players to the same team, or use the settings.
Method 1 – Adding players to the same team
The first method is based on the creation of a team (team). The nicknames of all players who will be part of this team will be hidden. In order to create a team, add players there and hide their nicknames, it is necessary:
- Create a team with a random name, to do this, enter the command /team add the name of the team
- We make the nicknames of all members of this team invisible, for this we enter the command /team modify puk nametagVisiblity never where puk is the team name
- We add a player whose nickname needs to be hidden, for this we enter the command /team join nickname where nickname is the name of the character
Method 2 – Hide via settings
for the mobile version of Minecraft
In order to disable the display of nicknames in the mobile version of Minecraft, it is necessary:
- Log in to the game and open the “Settings“;
- In the profile tab, delete the nickname of your character and put a space sign instead;
- Scroll the settings to the bottom and turn off the slider “Names of players in the game“.
Method 3 – Modifications
In order to hide the nicknames of Minecraft players, you can install the Hide Names modification.
The mod is suitable for the following versions of Minecraft: 1.7.2/1.7.10/1.8.9/1.9.4/1.10.2/1.11.2/1.12.2.
After installing the mod, the display of player nicknames can be controlled using the following commands:
/name – show the current visibility status of your name;
/name toggle – switch visibility;
/name hide – hide the name;
/name show – show the name.